Monday, November 16, 2009

I am Fifteen, Going on Seventeen

Hannah landed the role of Liesel in the Sound of Music. The director had mentioned to me earlier that she wanted Hannah to play the part, but she felt obligated to give the role to an older student.

Jimmy got the role of Kurt. The director had also mentioned to me earlier that she wanted Jimmy to play that part, but he was too short (she wanted a stair-step look when the children were all lined up).

The solution? She double cast the Von Trapp children roles. There is a tall cast, and a short cast. My kids...are in the short cast.

Haley is a nun because she was chomping gum during auditions, and was therefore not asked to call-backs for a speaking part (another little tidbit the director mentioned to me). I'm sure that's now a lesson well-learned for Haley.

Brooklyn is in the Vienna Children's Choir.

Opening night is February 18 -- Hannah's 15th birthday. And she will have to kiss a boy, which I think she's rather excited about. She gets mad at me every time I say I'm going to lobby the director for a kiss on the cheek. (This is where I break into a stirring rendition of "Sunrise, Sunset")

No comments: