Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Mania

Holidays in my family are never relaxing affairs.  In fact, they're down right exhausting. 

For us, Thanksgiving started on Monday and lasted until Sunday night.  Andrea and Adam, and their four kids came to visit from Arizona, which meant my dad was in full "grandpa" mode.

The following is a run-down of our activities:
  • Dinner at "Grandma Great's"
  • Kids' Movie (Planet 51)
  • Another movie for grown-ups only (The Blind Side -- a must see)
  • Lunch at Chuck-A-Rama
  • Two solid days of Thanksgiving dinner preparations for me (at my house this year)
  • The birth of a new niece
  • Pirate Island Pizza
  • Black Friday Christmas shopping
  • Christmas Choirside rehearsal (why my Stake performs this on the Sunday after Thanksgiving is beyond me) 
  • Hiking the "Y"
  • BYU kicking the U of U's trash
  • Games and food at Mom's and Dad's
  • Church
  • The Christmas Choirside (I conducted and Jimmy sang the solo in "Silent Night."  He was amazing.)
  • Tacos at Mom's and Dad's
  • Classic Movie Night (this week's feature:  An Affair to Remember)
I need a nap.

My parents are troopers.  I have no idea where my dad gets all the energy he has to play with and entertain his two dozen grandchildren.  Granted, they weren't all here this year (only 11 of them), but still a lot of active kids to keep happy.  And he does a great job of that.











4 comments:

amyraye said...

it IS a lot of work! fun to see pictures of everyone. :)

Cynthia said...

Looks like a wonderful, YUMMY time!

Katie said...

Looks like I missed out on lots of fuN!

Katie said...

On Thursday it will officially be a year since you posted on your blog. Just thought I'd let you know! :)